"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Friday, November 5, 2010

Day 92

182.2

Not a bad gain for two weeks of eating like crap, getting sick and not working out.

I am still sick. I've been up two nights in a row coughing. I'm taking my Emergen-C and drinking tons of water. I have to be better by this weekend. I start my new job on Sunday. I'll be working 30-40 hours at the local bookstore. There is a part of me that is excited to go back to work.... but there is also that part of me that will miss dinners and weekends with my family. It will all be worth it if we are able to save enough money to move back home.

I'm also 3/4 of the way thru the process of being able to work from home... which would be awesome. I'm hoping it will only take another couple of weeks....

As for my food, well, my mom left yesterday. My kitchen is empty, so I am going grocery shopping today. With this cold, my appetite is gone... so it should be easy to stick to healthy food only. Because I am working nights I will have to get creative about dinners. Hubby can't cook...and he won't want to after working all day... so there will be lots of pre-cooked or crockpot dinners.

I asked for Mondays and Wednesdays off so that I can go to my boxing classes. Hopefully this cold will be gone by then.

I'm focusing on 5 lbs at a time. Next goal is to be reached in two weeks....

11/19/10 - 177 lbs

:)

2 comments:

Cole Walter Mellon said...

I'd right there with you on the struggles of the past couple of weeks. Here's hoping we can both turn this tugboat around and get going in the right direction.

Good luck with the new job and hope you feel better soon.

Dawn said...

I hope you feel better soon...two weeks of being sick is a long time. Are you going to see your doctor?