"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Friday, June 24, 2011

3 days in a row ?!?!?!?!

After talking to my mom about my frustrations of being stuck in the middle of nowhere with no way to run she sent me home with her stationary bike. I have to admit that I hate stationary bikes. For one, they take up too much room... second, they make my butt sore and not in a good way... third, BORING!!!

BUT... in the last three mornings I have woken up, gone out to the shed (where I put the bike which is pretty cool cuz it has windows and I can watch the kids playing while I'm in there) and biked for 30 minutes!

It kills me... but I have to remember that I need to get acclimated. I went from living at sea level to living back on the mountain at 6,000 ft above sea level... and, well, that makes a HUGE difference when your trying to breathe and workout at the same time. I figure another week or two of doing 30 minutes in the morning and I should be feeling good enough to push it to 45 min... and then eventually an hour.

To get a little boost I also signed up for the Iron Girl again in Phoenix, Az!! It is a 10K in December (which is perfect running weather in Arizona!) To make it even better, my best friend said she would start training and do it with me!!

I dont know how much I weigh right now because my nemesis (the scale) is still packed away in a box in storage... but judging by my clothes... I need to lose about 15 lbs to get back to where I was last year when I was running at my best. Its doable!

Frustration is still there... but every morning that I sweat it out makes me feel a little bit better about the whole thing. :)

1 comment:

Tricia said...

totally doable and it sounds like youre getting back on track