"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Frustrated :(

This has been the journey of a million false starts. I am really good at getting myself all hyped up to get healthy again.... but when it comes down to it, my follow through is horrific.

I dont know how much I've gained in the last month, but I know that all my clothes are tight. ALL MY CLOTHES :(

So today I woke up knowing without a doubt that I needed to get my butt back in gear. I have been laying dormant for too long.

Two days ago I tried running around the horse arena (because I am living in the middle of nowhere and that is the closest thing I have to a track here) and couldn't even do it for 5 minutes without gasping for air. Then I cam inside and thought I would focus on push up and sit ups for awhile. HA!!! That was pathetic.

Was my running a half marathon a dream??? Did I really go to a boxing gym and spend hours doing cardio on the bag and in the ring?? WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT GIRL???????

Today is a new day and dammit if I'm going to let it go by me without sweating for an hour and eating right. I don't know who this new girl is... but she is uncomfortable in her clothes, sickly and lazy... and I don't like her. I want the old me back... TODAY!

1 comment:

Cole Walter Mellon said...

Welcome to my world (the world of tight pants).

I jumpstarted my journey this week, too. Let's go knock some damn pound off!