Its always a bad idea for me to make goals... especially when they involve my weight. So this time around I am making some physical goals. I did my best at training when I had a race to run... so I am looking up some races back in AZ that I can start training for when we get back. While I was doing that... Hubby jumped in and picked one for both of us to do....
The Spartan Death Race
Oh yes, you read it right... "The Spartan Death Race is designed to present you with the totally unexpected, and the totally insane! Traditional physical challenges will make giving birth look like a walk in the park. This endurance race is comprised of mud runs, obstacle racing, trail racing, physical challenges and mental challenges all in a +48 hour adventure race. 90% of you will not complete this endurance race. Please only consider this adventure style race if you have lived a full life to date." - taken from the website
I don't know if my husband is trying to kill me... or get me seriously psyched up!!!! This is totally my idea of something to train for. A REAL challenge. Not that running a 10K for me isn't a real challenge... but this is more then just running.
So, Hubby and I have agreed to sign up for next years race. I have less then a year to get physically and mentally fit for this race. To be honest with you.... I'm SO excited.
I need a game plan on how to get fit enough for it... and I am off to find that plan right now!!!
1 comment:
I really like the concept of using performance-oriented goals instead of just weight on the scale to motivate me. Good luck!
Post a Comment