"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The goals in mind....

The only thing that keeps me going is motivation. I have to have a goal in mind in order to stay focused every day. A weight goal just doesn't cut it anymore.... I get to frustrated when I don't see that number on the scale... so I do physical goals. A year ago today I was running the PF Chang Rock N' Roll half marathon. If I tried running today I'd die before reaching my first mile. But over a year ago I would wake up at 5 a.m. just to get in a couple of miles running before Hubby went to work.

I wasn't at my goal weight when I ran the half marathon  (and completed it!!) but I was definitley in better shape then I am now.

So, what is my goal? I have a couple.

* To be in a size 8 pants by summer
* To run the Warrior Dash with my husband in August
* To complete the Hard Ready class with my husband and be 10 lbs lighter!!

I know that I didn't describe any of these very well... but I will later.. promise. As for now... these are my goals that I will keep in my everyday.

I'm off to drink some water.

4 comments:

Cole Walter Mellon said...

It's frustrating when we fall back from where we were (and where we want to be). Good for you for setting some lofty goals and moving steadily towards them. Here's to a new year full of purpose and possibility!

Tiffany said...

I want to do a Warrior Dash with my hubby as well. I am glad that I keep seeing advertisments for this on facebook to remind me!

lisah said...

So glad your back!

Claire said...

Tigerlilly, I'm so glad to see you! You can do it, girl. I like the idea of smaller goals. I think that's a big part of my problem, and why I continue to put off weight loss: the big goals are far too overwhelming (80 lbs (!!!!!!!) to lose). On a happy note, I got my first real exercise in months by taking a Zumba class. If you love dance, you have to Zumba. :)

Again, so glad to "see" you again. Blessings, my friend!