"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Sunday, October 16, 2011

So here I am in the beautiful state of Colorado. I am surrounded by mountains, rivers and lakes. The weather is amazing and I have no reason at all to stay indoors... at least not until the snow comes!! Even then I have found a gym here that has an indoor running track, indoor pool and some awesome workout classes. I have NO reason, whatsoever, to NOT hit my goal this time. Well, there is ONE thing holding me back. ME!!

 I've been my number one enemy since the start.... I've kicked my own butt more then once... and for some reason I keep getting back up to fight myself again and again and again.  (You can't say I'm a quitter!)

I'm not going to start with "Day 1"  or "Beginning Weight"  because this is by no means the first round... or even the 50th. This is just the next chapter....  in a very long book!

Today was not perfect, by any means, but it was another good day. Tomorrow, I'm hoping, will be better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness... I love colorado!! I have family in the springs... talk about gorgeous!!
I love every chapter you write about... thanks for t he post.

cindie

lisah said...

Glad you are back! You have been missed. Good luck on your continued journey.