"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown
Monday, October 10, 2011
When life smacks you down... take a breather and get back up!!
I know I have been gone for some time now. I feel as if my life has been on a roller coaster for the last two years. To sum it up for you..
We moved across the country... TWICE. My husband had a great job but we felt it was too far from our families. So a year later (almost to the day) we moved back. We stayed with family for 6 months before my husband got a job... that has moved us yet again. Only this time only a couple of states away! For the first time in a LONG time I am finally feeling settled enough to start focusing on me again.
That last thought has taken me a while to get comfortable with... being a Mom you never want to put yourself first. You are always last on the list. But what happens to them if something happens to you? Then who will take care of them. Sometimes you have to be selfish in order to care for those you love the most. So, its time to be selfish.
These last few months... ok, years?? ... I have stayed about the same weight. 181 lbs. That is a 8 lbs gain from my lowest back before we moved the first time. I am ok with that. The bad part is that I am no longer a fit 181. I am a flabby, can't run a block 181. Believe me, there is a difference. But I am in the mind set to get it all back and more. My final goal is 163 and fit.
This may take some time to get back in the grove of things... but hopefully I still have some readers out there to keep me on track and motivated!?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hey i was just thinking about you yesterday.... its coming on January and I was thinking about standing on the sidlines cheering for you as you ran by in your 1/2 marathon.... Im so proud of you for maintaing your weight for all this time... that is so hard to do.
where did you move to this second time? please keep us updated,,, even if you're not excercising and you just want to vent... I love reading your story.
cindie
Post a Comment