It's been a long weekend. We were unexpectedly low on money this weekend.. so no camping. We did drive up to the lake on Sunday and took the girls fishing. They were more interested in playing with the worms then anything else.
Food was terrible. Fast food and ice cream at every corner. No exercise and no water. I feel like a bloated blob. I am excited for my new challenge to start next week. I think it will really keep me on track. Mostly because it is also a countdown to our trip to Disneyland. I need to lose at least 10 more lbs over those 7 weeks. Hubby and I have a date night already planned for the Disney trip and I have an old outfit I want to be able to fit into for it. If I keep eating like I have been then I will be back wearing maternity shirts for the trip... and I don't want that.
So today I am starting with a protein shake. In a little while I will be hopping on the treadmill and trying to get at least 3 miles in. I will drink 8 glasses of water before noon and 8 glasses before dinner.
I feel like a broken record. Always promising that THIS will be the day that I make the change for good and lose all the weight. When am I going to learn that I am not going to lose the rest of this weight if I keep going off plan. I need to stay on plan for 2 months and I would lose that last 40 lbs. TWO months.. that's it. So why cant I do that? Why do I sabotage myself?? Ugh.. I am so frustrated with myself.
So... I need a plan of action.... and here it is.
1) I am testing on Thursday night for my brown belt so today and tomorrow are going to be long training days.. mostly just cardio. So I will be drinking a lot of water so I am not dehydrated during the test.
2) I have been told by my doctor to stick to the Atkins and South Beach diet until my blood work comes back. That means no carbs and high protein... so that will be what I focus on in my meals.
3) My challenge is starting on Monday. It is a 7 week countdown to my trip to Disneyland and I want to make sure that I am in a size 12 by then.. so that means that there will be a LOT of walking in those 7 weeks.
4) Weekends will be active. Weekends are NOT free days. I will stay on plan for the next 8 weekends....
5) I will stay ON PLAN for the next 8 weeks... no cheating, no excuses
So the plan is set.. now I just need to stick to it.
3 comments:
Hey TL! I found your new blog through Debby - sorry about the old one. =(
I just found a quote that might help you and your "Always promising that THIS will be the day that I make the change for good" problem:
"Success is not final, failure is not final: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill
So as long as you keep starting, and you keep continuing, then you will be fine and you will lose the weight. Quitting is not an option!
I am going to join your walking challenge again and this time I WILL FINISH IT! Come hell or high water I will finish it dammit!! =)
Your plan sounds like a good one - I'm cheering you on!!
Great plan of action..you will get there! Keep moving! :)
Tigerlily, I hope this is not unwanted advice. But here's what I think. I think you are too hard on yourself. You set up impossible food goals. Who could drink 16 glasses of water every day for the rest of their life? No wonder you go off plan and eat more on the weekends. Your body is seeking food on a cellular level. (I learned this when I went on one of those stupid doctor supervised medical fasts.) This sentence is the problem: " I need to stay on plan for 2 months and I would lose that last 40 lbs. TWO months.. that's it." Uh-Uh. You have to do it for the rest of your life. Think of changes that you can make that you will be able to live with for the rest of your life, and then do that, and don't look back. Tigerlily, I just love you. I hope you aren't mad at me, and if this is unwanted advice, just hit that little delete button!
Post a Comment