"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Saturday, August 23, 2008

I miss you guys!!

Another week without the computer! Not only are we without Internet, but without TV! I have to say that we have learned to do other things... like reading! LOL. I read the best book ever, by my favorite author Sena Jeter Naslund. The name of the book is Abundance: The Marie Antoinette story. It made me cry.

Speaking of books... my aunt, Joan Long, has published her first book. Read the post below to see what its about!

Believe it or not I have spent hours on the computer...10 hours yesterday, in fact... writing my own book. I am hoping to be done with it some time next month and get it published. It seems that life has a whole lot more to offer when your not stuck in front of the 'boob tube'!!

On the diet front.. I am rocking it! I have been eating small portions and keeping away from the carbs. I have not stepped on the scale and refuse to until I can start blogging daily again! Which will hopefully be the beginning of September.

Thank you for the well wishes. The girls are over their flu's... but managed to pass it on to Hubby. Poor guy. I have managed to keep it at bay with lots of vitamins!

Well.. I have to go. I will be back!

4 comments:

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Hey there...ty for the invite!
No inernet sux as bad as no computer.. I think I am back now too....

Anonymous said...

Tigerlily, I miss you! But so good to hear you are doing well. And writing a book!! Do we get to know what it's about? Glad to hear you are doing well with your food. I am just maintaining still. But I am definitely not going the wrong direction, so I am actually very happy about that.

Claire said...

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear you are doing well. Wish I could say the same...darn it.

Aunt Melvie said...

I think it would be sort of refreshing to suddenly have no internet. I bet I'd find a lot of other things to do, too! But.....I'm not going to go having it turned off just yet. It's one of those addictions that I can't imagine not feeding. But, I'm happy for you that you're doing really good without the blogging, and I can't wait to hear what the scale says when you're finally back online!
Glad your girls are better - - sorry your hubby's got it now. You keep taking those vitamins!!!!