"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Gluten Free

For the last couple of weeks I have been sick after every meal. Nausea, heartburn, diarrhea, cramping... etc. Not a happy girl. I have heard a number of possibilities ranging from ulcer to Celiac (unable to digest gluten)


So, as of yesterday I am on a gluten free diet.


Do you know how many things contain gluten???? Pretty much anything that comes out of a box, bag, can or wrapper! This means in order to eat gluten free you have to eat SUPER clean. Yesterday I ate mostly salads... with a yummy steak I grilled on the BBQ for dinner! Today my tummy feels better. So, I went to the natural food store and bought some GF staples. Some hot cereal for breakfast (covered in blue and blackberries!!) and some GF bread.


I'm also drinking 2 oz of Aloe Vera Juice every day to sooth my tummy. It is the worst tasting stuff I've ever had, but it seems to be working.


As for the move.. we have 10 days left!! I am slowly getting things done now. One or two boxes a day. Today's goal is to get the girls closet packed and organized... this has been my goal for the last week. Hopefully I get the nerve up to do it today!

2 comments:

Mesha said...

Well glad the chance of diet is helping with the stomach issues. I think that type of diet is truthfully beneficial to ALL of us because it promotes "cleaner" eating. :) Also, the stress from moving could be aggrevating your tummy too.

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Yeah, I definitely know how many things contain gluten. It's a challenge! :-P
Path to Health