I found out yesterday that the man I referred to as my 'Godfather' passed away. Dirty Ed was a retired DEA agent. He was my Dad's partner in Mexico City, Mex back in the day and they were lucky enough to retire only blocks away from each other. They played golf on a daily basis and were the best of friends. They were quite the pair, The Redneck and The Coon Ass.
When my Dad passed away years ago, Dirty Ed stepped up and took care of us. He was always there when I needed a shoulder and some good advice. My Dad left him strict orders to take care of me when he died and I wish I could have told Dirty Ed that he did one hell of a job.
I'd like to think that Dirty Ed and my Dad are up on that golf course in the sky.. getting ready to tee off for another 18.

2 comments:
A very sad day. There's not much more to say than that. I met Dirty Ed when your dad was sick and he adopted Jodi. Wish I could have known him better. People that have been through the fire and come out the other side caring loving individuals are too too rare.
The last time we went by his house he still had the Honorary Coonass certificate that we made for him up on his wall.
So sorry for your loss. Sounds like he was a remarkable man.
Post a Comment