OMG people... this stuff is good. The addiction is worse than crack. Once you take a sip you have to keep drinking until your stash is gone.... or until you can go to the corner and buy some more! I watched my sister make some last weekend. She used close to 2 cups of sugar in one pot of tea. Good Grief! I will never lose weight here.
We went to a restaurant the other day and ordered a nice big salad that was loaded with great stuff like beans, tomatoes, black olives and salsa.... and what do I get to drink? Water you say? Nope. They had a big old tank of SWEET TEA sitting there. Mmmmmmmmm.
There will need to be an intervention soon.
5 comments:
Our house is in St. Louis (mid Missouri), but spent 5 months at a National Park assignment in southern Missouri. Sweet Tea was in abundance along with fried foods and few veggies. It was a tough summer for health and the tea was a big contributor of the extra empty calories.
I feel your pain...believe me!
That is touch. Not anywhere near to the same level, but my addiction to Starbucks is on par with that. It's all empty calories, but taste soooooo good.
I don't know if you use artificial sweeteners like splenda or not, but at our local walmart (Olathe, KS), we have Red Diamond sweet tea sweetened with SPlenda and it's equally JUST as refreshing to me. I am a fan of sweet tea myself, I used to make daily trips (often multiple times) to McDonalds for their $1 LARGE sweet tea with easy ice...oh man! It was a problem. Another option is Stevia, not an artificial sweetner, 100% natural coming from a plant and I will sweeten my own tea with it because the antioxidants in tea are good and that way I can enjoy the sweet taste minus calories or bad fake sugars. :) Hope that helps some.
Why do you think that the south has SO many overweight people??? All that sweet tea, fried chicken, and isn't just about everything cooked in lard. I am sure the food is MUCH different than AZ.
But its sooo good right? I stopped making it for that very reason! You can't make it with just a little sugar either, nope its gotta be a lot! Love your blog!
Post a Comment