"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Monday, June 28, 2010



"THE GREATER DANGER FOR MOST OF US IS NOT THAT OUR AIM IS TOO HIGH AND WE MISS IS, BUT THAT IT IS TOO LOW AND WE REACH IT." - Michelangelo

I have reached a point in my path where I am happy, content... unmotivated. I am at a number where my clothes fit me just right and my reflection doesn't bother me anymore. I feel pretty good, for the most part, and I am content to just relax all day and not worry about breaking a sweat.

I think this is what my goal was at 225 lbs. To be happy, healthy and sexy without a second thought of my weight or food. I am happy to say I reached my goal, but sad to say that it is not all I had hoped it would be. There is something I am missing in my day to day life now. Something that was a constant fire in my belly to get up in the morning and conquer what needed to be done.

To quote Miley Cyrus ( I'm a mother of two girls, give me a break) ... "Ain't about how fast I get there. Ain't about what's waiting on the other side. It's the climb" ... I am slowly coming to realize that my love of this whole 'healthy living' quest wasn't the thought of reaching goal... but the daily love of conquering a goal. To prove to myself that I could run a half marathon. To prove to myself that I could drop 50 lbs. To prove to myself that I could wake up before the sun and run 3 miles before the kids woke up.

I'm starting to think that the view from this mountain isn't all that great. I think its time to look towards the next mountain and start climbing again. My goal? To have a goal everyday to conquer.

First thing is first... Monday.

My goal for today: Finish Crossfit with my Hubby first thing in the morning , drink as much water as possible and stick to my food choices.


****UPDATE*****
7:54 a.m. :  2 rounds of  40 Double Unders, 30 box jumps, 30 dumbell swings and a 100 meter warm up run/ 100 meter cool down walk. 

3 comments:

Kyle said...

Yes, yes, and yes...I am this...right freaking now.

I've commented to many others about the same problem and using the same analogy.

I've always needed a mountain to climb to keep me motivated. I'm at goal weight wearing goal clothes, though I still have much room to improve.

I'm still looking for my mountain, though. I'm glad you've found yours.

Tammy said...

Your quote caught me off guard. One of my best friends is fighting lung and brain cancer and, 'The Climb' is her theme song. I can barely listen to it and most times change the radio station when it comes on.

Enough of that!

You sound great mentally and good for you! You deserve to feel good about you and be comfortable in your own skin. That is the best feeling ever.

In response to your comment on my blog, take my work outs as I post them. I'm honoured you would think they are worthy enough.

Take care.

mak'n Changes said...

good girl!