"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Monday, June 21, 2010

I need a kick in the pants....

With everything that has been going on with this move I have pretty much put my healthy lifestyle on the back burner. Of course I have a million excuses.... none of them really that good. Mostly I've just been lazy.

I want to get running again... but the streets around here have no sidewalks and people drive on them going 100 miles an hour. There is a gym close by, but until I start a job (OH YEAH, I have a job interview at Olive Garden tomorrow) I have no money for it. There are beautiful parks and recreational areas around here... but OY! its hot here.

We DO have an elliptical machine in the living room... but I get sooo bored on it. I know, I just need to suck it up and get moving. I just need that kick....


2 comments:

Tricia said...

good luck on your interview!

Jen said...

ugh I have an elliptical in my living room too, but SNORE, so boring...

good luck at your interview!