"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Day 63- You should see the OTHER guy!

Last night was an awesome bag class. War cries, tears, bruises and pools of sweat.  I keep meaning to snap a picture when I get home, but am so exhausted I'm lucky to make it to the shower!  I do have this picture to show you! I knew I kicked the bag hard last night.... I just didn't know the bag hit back!!  Proof that I'm working hard.... 



It looks a lot worse in person, I swear!  Its obvious that I am better with my right leg... cuz my left leg only has a tiny little bruise that won't even show up in a picture! LOL

Anyway, today and tomorrow are my nights off from bag class. I'm a little sad because I just love it so much.. .and I also don't know how I'm going to get an hour of walking in. I KNOW... its just walking... but its boring and I seriously hate it. If I could run, then I would totally be into it... but walking?? It doesnt help that we just moved to this city and the only place I know to walk is the 1/3 of a mile block that our house is on. *sigh*  No worries, I'll get it in.

Food is food. Why does it have to be so complicated?  Today my goal is 100% clean. Whether I"m over my servings or not... it will all be clean.  With lots of water.

:)

5 comments:

Shain Brown said...

War wounds you should be proud of feel free to do your battle chant. The workouts that I dread have gotten easier with the addition of a larger ipod; now I take my entire library with me, and make sure that I always have a new book in the waiting as well.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Lucas said...

Catch up on your phone calls while you walk, take some of the drudgery out of it.

And I LOVE that leg! Hardcore, baby! Kick some bag! :)

Anonymous said...

Holy smokes you rock! Look at the battle wounds.

I know the walk or the run is drudgery. But what can you do? Gotta keep chugging.

Cole Walter Mellon said...

I was gonna make a snide comment, but then decided I really don't want to get the sh*t kicked out of me...

BEE said...

ouch