"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Friday, October 22, 2010

Day 78

I'm sorry for the lack of posts, but sometimes I just don't have anything to say.  I've had a good week so far. I did my boxing class mon, tue and wed. My food has been written down and double checked. I did good up until yesterday... so I will consider yesterday my 'cheat' day and just move on.

My mom is arriving today!!! I am so excited. We have all been dealing with a little homesickness lately. I'm not sure if her being here is going to make it better or worse... .but I will definitely enjoy her company while she is here!  This is not the first time I've lived 2,000 miles away from her... but this time it seems to be so much harder.  Having the kids always wanting to see her or talk to her can be a little overwhelming. Not being able to just drive to her house when I need a talk is even harder. I am finding that its the very little things I am missing the most back home. Even Hubby has been calling his family a little more often every week. We've been in North Carolina for almost 6 months now... but I don't think we are going to last too much longer. I hate to say it but I think it took us moving  2,198 miles away to figure out where exactly we are supposed to be.

I am in no rush to pack up the house again and move. But I think eventually we will try to get back to Arizona.

In the mean time I will enjoy my sister and her husband.... my new friends.... and go exploring new territory. I will continue to focus on my food and my workouts and I will take full advantage of my boxing classes while I can....

1 comment:

Lucas said...

Family is everything. :)