"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Bye Bye Treadmill.... don't come back.

My treadmill has been officially banned from my house.

I know, its three days before the Half Marathon and I'm kicking my treadmill to the curb. Crazy? Nope. Squished. My house is small, but cozy. Having a treadmill right next to my bed was very annoying. Especially since Hubby used it as a closet half the time and I would have to clean it up before stepping on it to run. Anyway, I figured my mental state of mind was much more important then the damn treadmill... (I HATE running on that thing anyway)

My plan? Take the next 3 days off from running. :)

Then, kick some butt at the half marathon....

Then, come home and focus on eating clean and staying healthy until the weather warms up. I love running outside and think that if I can focus on dropping some more weight in the next couple of months, then running this summer will be VERY enjoyable.

In all honesty. I need a freakin' break.

3 comments:

Fatinah said...

I'm so excited for your run!!

Annie, The Amazing Shrinking Girl said...

Good luck on the trace coming up! And I agree... if the treadmill is causing more stress than stress relief it's probably time to toss it (or maybe a different location in the house)?

Tammy said...

OMG the treadmill beside your bed, honey, no wonder it caused you stress.

I'll be thinking of you this weekend! Go you!!!