"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Now What???

Yesterday my legs went on strike. My hip and knee joints refused to move and just trying to get around the house was painful. I sat down and did a good stretch last night and today I am feeling a lot better. Still a little stiff... but better!

So... now that its over, what do I do now??

Well, for one, I will be resting for at least another two days. I don't plan on running again until next week sometime.... but a walk here and there will be good for me!

I am going to focus on my food now. I need to drop 30 lbs and I would really like to do it before summer... so that will be my focus from here on out.

I do have another run scheduled already... but its not until November 2010... so I will focus on dropping weight for the next 6 months and then start training for 4 months for the Iron Girl 10 mile run!! Sounds perfect!!

I am off to soak in a bathtub!! <3

4 comments:

Tammy said...

I took the week off work following my half marathon at the end of May so that I can gimp around without many witnesses.

I meant to ask yesterday, do you think you'll do another 1/2?

Looking forward to watching your weight loss success.

Big hugs!

Fatinah said...

happy soaking - you've earned it!

I took a week of after my half also....

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Epsom salts really help with muscle soreness. You are awesome! Congrats on your run!
Path to Health

Amy said...

Hey Lady... I've been catching up on your Half Marathon story! You did so great! You are an inspiration. I have a friend who swears by ice baths... I'm not looking forward to the day I have to do that... but I'm sure it's coming.