"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Friday, January 1, 2010

Hello 2010... My name is Tigerlilly!

Its the first day of the new year. I'm excited to see what this year brings. I already have a couple of challenges set up... a half marathon in 2 weeks... and a 10 mile run in November! I'm sure I will do a lot more in between.. but for now those are my two big reasons to keep on track.

Today is the first of the month and, like I said, I will be weighing in on the first of every month to see how I'm doing. Todays weight (gain) is not a surprise. I'm holding at 180. Keep in mind last night was new years eve and I can promise you I ate more sodium rich foods then I should have! But, putting the excuses aside, I have a lot of work to do in the next two weeks to get ready for my half marathon run.

To get started, I will be doing my 3 miles this morning and then a cardio workout with Jillian Michaels! I already have my food planned out ( and counted at 1193 calories) and my water bottle is full. Its time to start this year off with a bang!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go get em Tiger! You sound motivated. I may try to borrow some of that!

Amy said...

You've got it Lady! We're rooting you on.

campinggirl said...

Your activity goals are inspiring!

Hanlie said...

Good luck for 2010, Tigerlilly!