"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Friday, January 8, 2010

T-8 days

A week from tomorrow Roni and I will be getting in the car and heading down to the city for our PF Chang 1/2 marathon run. I am terrified.

This week has not been as good as it could have been. I am nowhere near where I wanted to be with my weight. Its too damn cold to run outside, so I have done zero long runs, and food is terrible.

All in all, I feel completely unprepared for this race. I feel let down by myself for not taking it more seriously... for procrastinating and waiting until the last minute to start training. I actually told this to my husband while I cried on his shoulder. I am in panic mode...

5 comments:

Melissa Cunningham said...

sometimes panic mode can be a good thing going into a race. i have no doubt you will finish-even though you may feel unprepared at this point,the best thing you can do is get in one more semi long run,clean up nutrition,keep hydrated all week,get proper rest,and use the taper of m-th to help your body feel refreshed for the big day...just have FUN and FINISH...you will be in good company and i know others will be cheering you on all the way....so just hang in there and dont stress about it...during the race just make mini goals in your head-like trying to make it to point A (this water station) to point B (the 3rd light pole) without stopping to walk-and if you can get in a group of ppl who are are around your pace-even better!!! anywhoo-enough of my rambles-you will do GREAT and you will FINISH...oh yeah and you will have so much FUN!!! so skip the panic mode and just get in the mind set of reaching one of your goals!

Fatinah said...

you will totally be able to do this!!

Tiffany said...

This week should not be about long runs it should be about resting and short easy ones. You will do just fine - don't worry, relax, take a deep breath and enjoy yourself. Racing is no fun if you don't enjoy the run.

you will finish - you are too tough to give up. Go mama!!

Heatherly said...

You have to be upbeat lady! You got this! Remember that! Love you xoxo

Hanlie said...

I'm totally crossing my fingers for you!