"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

How do you stay on track?

Not being able to weigh myself every morning has created a little bit of a problem for me. Used to I would step on the scale and if the numbers where high I would be super motivated to have a perfect day... if the numbers where low I was feeling good and motivated to have a perfect day.

Obviously this wasn't a fool proof way of getting motivated.... but it was motivation none the less. Now that I have banned the scale I was looking for a way of waking up to motivation. Here is what I came up with!

Everyone loves a check list... at least I do!... So I have decided that every morning I will write down a list of goals I want to achieve that day, along with a long term and short term goal as well. (this will just remind you of what your reaching for everyday!)

Todays Goal:

Drink 96 oz of water

1 hour of cardio: CHECK!!

clean house

Short Term:
FINISH half marathon in 2 weeks

Long Term:
Reach goal weight of 145 lbs
Run Full marathon in 2011

Having this little list posted next to my computer keeps me motivated for the day. OH, and notice that it doesn't have to be diet or workout related!! Getting my house clean is good for me too... it makes me feel so much better, and that is important for living a healthy life too!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope that works good for you. We all need something to keep us focused for sure.

I'm still a slave to the scale...at least for now.

Ripx180 said...

Goals are wonderful motivators. Any little reminders you can put around your regular dwellings will help immensely.

Geoff said...

This is exactly what I'm doing. I set up a list of goals on a goal tracking website and I'm making sure I hit each of them every day (or every week, depending on the goal). I think that will help me in the day to day battle, which is really where the war is won or lost.

Mesha said...

sounds like a great game plan! Good job! :)