This is why everyone needs a blog. I put out there that I am thinking about Atkins... and you guys come running. Some were supportive and some where totally against it.... but everyone did it the nicest way possible!
I think I will NOT do Atkins... but instead do my own version of it. I will knock out sugar, white bread, white rice and all processed foods. I will eat lots of fruit, veggies and proteins.... and now and then I will add a brown rice or wheat bread.
For now, I am indulging in carbs. I am getting psyched up for this weekend. Today was supposed to be a 6 mile run but its snowing outside. So I either do it on the treadmill or just take it as a break and relax until Sunday. I leaning towards the relaxing idea!! LOL
6 comments:
I think your decision is a good one. You can't go wrong eating tons of healthy vegetables, meats, and fruits.
Good thinking! Work in some whole grains as well.
you're a rockstar - I love your plan!!
I'm glad you decided to not go full blown Atkins. I personally found this an interesting read on the subject:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/risks-of-a-high-protein-low-carbohydrate-diet/
Great decision. One of my good friends, who was heavy for years, cut out most carbs, upped her fruits & veggies, and has lost 50 lbs. She's over 50yo, so that's saying something. Glad you chose this route. Atkins made me sicker than a dog, and I don't recommend it, either.
You basically just described 'clean eating', but enjoy the brown rice. It's a good carb and has awesome staying power! Really, any whole grains. Have fun with it.
I can't wait to hear how you do on your half marathon. I'm getting really excited for you!
Post a Comment