"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Thursday, December 31, 2009

A New Year's Challenge you can do TODAY!

Tomorrow is the new year and I was trying to think of what I could do TODAY that would make next year better. You know what I did?

I registered for the 2010 Iron Girl 10 mile run!!!

It feels great to know that I am leaving this year behind with plans already made for a great new year!!

So, I'm challenging you to step it up today and sign up for a race for 2010! Even if its a walking event, 5K, 10K, 1/2 or full marathon! Make the last day of 2009 a step in the right direction!!!!

(oh, and don't say you're already signed up for something. So am I, but I KNOW you can do more then ONE event a year!!!)

2 comments:

Amy said...

You are awesome. I read your previous post as well... and I think you're definitely on to something!

Tammy said...

I will be signing up for my own Half marathon soon. I just have to get some training under my belt and pay off some bills before I add another entry on my credit card!

I can't wait. You and I will rock out this 2010! On the street and on the treadmill we will rock it!