"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

To cut or not to cut, that is the question of the week.

Yesterday rocked. I ran 5K on the treadmill... which actually sucked, but there was ice all over the roads so the treadmill was my only choice. I ate fairly well... does anyone else get nasty munchies around 3 pm?? I usually eat something around that time anyway, but man its like I just can't eat ENOUGH. Any ideas?

Ok, so I am feeling like I need a change. I took the girls to the salon last week to get their hair trimmed. Baby ended up getting a really short bob that is absolutely adorable (not to mention SO much easier to handle)... and Angel got her hair feathered in the front.. kind of like a Farah do! It looks great on her.

Anyway, that sparked a little something in my head. I am so tired of my hair. Its long and naturally curly and as much as I love it some days... it doesn't always look as nice as I would like it to. Its also getting REALLY thin at the ends so it just doesn't look healthy. I'm thinking I need to chop it all off.... to the chin. Maybe that will thicken it up a little and maybe get it healthy again. I could also spend less time on it... even if I straightened it everyday, it would take less time!

So, because I am on the edge... I need some of your thoughts on it. There is a poll up on top... let me know what you think! If I do decide to cut it, it will be on Friday night when my awesome aunt is coming to visit (who is also the best hairdresser in the world! oh, and free!!).

2 comments:

Tammy said...

A cut will clean things up and go right along with a fresh new look on your healthier fit body! I say go for it!

Anonymous said...

Go a few inches below your shoulders first. If it's naturally curly, it may bounce up higher than you think it will when it's dry. A reputable hairdresser will let you come back to take more off if it turns out to still be longer than you want. Ask them first, explaining your thoughts.