Not an official one. I was the only one competing in this little challenge at my gym. I went online and found out all the distances for doing a Sprint Tri and here are my results:
750 meter swim: 20 minutes
(10 minutes to change into my workout clothes)
12 miles on the bike : 60 minutes
(took 5 minutes to get the funny feeling out of my legs)
3 miles run : 36:20
Total for my Sprint Triathlon (excluding in between stuff) : 1:56:20
I am very happy with this. I actually beat a record with my running... by 4 MINUTES!!
The swimming was easy for me. I can swim for hours and not tire. My only complaint was the guy doing laps next to me who was making bigger waves then God. I kept getting water in my nose every time he went by. :P
Then on to the bikes where I realized just how much I had used my legs for swimming. Yikes. I had to rotate between the regular bike and the chair-like bike after 6 miles because I was hurtin' so bad. The last 4 miles of the ride they finally stopped hurting and I pounded out the miles as fast as I could.
I was a little worried about the run. I was walking on the treadmill at first but realised I would never get done like that and increased my speed to an easy jog. My legs felt GREAT! You must use totally different muscles biking then running, because I felt like I had just started my workout... other then the other muscles making me walk all jiggly and wiggly. LOL I ran for a 1.5 before stopping to walk a little. Then picked it back up and jogged the rest. I beat my all time record of 40 minutes for 3 miles by 4 whole minutes coming in at 36:20. This AFTER doing my swim and bike ride. Too cool!
I think this may be my workout every Saturday. Being that it was snowing today I did it in the gym and enjoyed the sweat pouring off of me!!! When I walked outside I had steam rising off of me. :) I'm totally hooked and feel much more confident about my half marathon next month!!
5 comments:
you rock chica!!!!!!!!!!!!1
very proud of you!!!!!!!!!!
wow chicklet! you did really well - congrats!
Wow Girl, Thats amazing that you took off all that time on your three mile run and it being after doing the two other activities. WOW WOW WOW!!! I am truly impressed. I am totally going to try that next month. Thanks for the inspiration. Keep up the good work. You will be at your goal in no time!!!
Here is this. Something you had done way back and I thought I would share with you. Just something fun to do and I think I might even put it on my blog.
1. Where is your cell phone? Next to me on the couch
2. Your hair? Gross from working out
3. Your mother? The one who knows my everything about me
4. Your father? The one Most like me
5. Your favorite food? Mexican Food I always Crave
6. Your dream last night? Surprisingly can't remember
7. Your favorite drink? Water right now
8. Your dream/goal? To become the best home maker someday
9. What room are you in? The living room at work
10. Your hobby? Drawing
11. Your fear? Earthquakes/ Car accidents
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Full time wife/mother of two
13. Where were you last night? At home/In Laws
14. Something that you aren’t? Pregnant
15. Muffins? Blueberry
16. Wish list item? WII Biggest Loser
17. Where did you grow up? Southern California
18. Last thing you did? Ate Lunch
19. What are you wearing? Soft Aerie pants and work out top
20. Your TV? Off
21. Your pets? My kitty named Buddi :( He has a thyroid problem, 25 pounds
22. Friends? Always, even strangers
23. Your life? Blessed
24. Your mood? Hopeful
25. Missing someone? My husband Tyler
26. Vehicle? Corrola
27. Something you’re not wearing? My shoes
28. Your favorite store? Paper Source
29. Your favorite color? PINK
30. When was the last time you laughed? Last night
31. Last time you cried? Last week when I was sick
32. Your best friend? My Husband
33. One place that I go to over and over? My Mind
34. One person who emails me regularly? Junk Mail
35. Favorite place to eat? Mac and Grill
That is awesome! Very impressive indeed!
Post a Comment