"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Friday, December 11, 2009

Page 2

Page 2

Some people are saying I'm too hard on myself (*ehem* Michelle and Hanlie)... and in a way, I know they are right... Hell, I'm WISHING they are right so that I can back off and just enjoy the experience. But I know that it's not true. My words may seem harsh on this blog, but in all reality I have to be that way. I know myself better then anyone and unfortunately the one person I lie to the most is myself. If I wasn't hard on myself I would be walking all over myself.

Don't think that I don't enjoy life... I do! I just know that when it comes to dieting, working out and making the right choices I know that I am the first person I will try to talk out of it all.

So, yes, I am hard on myself... because I would be nowhere if I wasn't. I do hope, some day in the future, I will be able to relax a little more and just set myself on cruise control... but until that day comes I'm gonna have to kick my a$$ every step of the way. Only because I love myself that much.

(Michelle and Hanlie... I love you guys and you are the best bloggy friends I could ask for. No hard feelings... <3)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sis, there is no one in this world that gets you like you do. You know yourself best, and know what works for you *hugs* Of course, I want the best for you, and don't like to see you beat yourself up, but that's only 'cause I love you like a sis :) I believe in you and know you'll accomplish your goals!

Anonymous said...

I think we all need to do this more with ourselves, good luck

Hanlie said...

Of course not! I was probably projecting my own issues on you...