180
No, its not a typo. I have gained weight the past couple of days like no body's business. Sure I have 'excuses' but we all know that making up excuses is a bunch of dog doodie. The truth is, its been a rough couple of days and I haven't handled them as well as I should have.
On Tuesday, December 22 my grandmother suffered a stroke. She was rushed to the hospital where they decided to air lift her to the city. (remember, I live in the mountains... crappy hospital) This was the first time in 60 years this amazing woman has been in a hospital. The last time was when she was giving birth to my mom's OLDER sister... yep, after the first one she popped the other two out at home.
To say the least, she is against taking medication of any kind. This includes aspirin. You can imagine the fit she was throwing in the ER when they were poking and probing her!!
She recovered well from her 'mini' stroke and was flown back home on Christmas Eve.... only because she left the hospital AMA (against medical advice) after they told her she should get a stint. They gave her some meds too... but I don't think she has even filled the prescriptions yet. You can't force a woman who has lived 83 years to do something she doesn't believe in!
Anyway, that was the start of my bad 'couple' of days. Ok, so its been almost a week. Cookies, chocolates, bread galore!!! (oh, and tamales, as you can see!)
Just thinking about what I ate is making me feel nauseous again. Yes, again.
I did have an "AH HA" moment though. I lost focus of one of the major reasons I started this healthy living journey. I wanted to be healthy so I could be happy! I have spent so many days worrying about how many tenths of a pound down my scale will show in the morning that my sight was blocked by the scale.
Yes, there is a weight I want to reach. Yes, goals are awesome to make.... but holy crud, don't miss out on everything in between!!! Enjoy wearing a size 16, 14 and 12. So, they're not the numbers your aiming for... but they are still YOUR numbers. Its still you. Have fun with it.
I am putting my scale in the closet and will be bringing it out once a month... you heard me, once a MONTH (the 1st of the month) to weigh myself. The rest of the month will be spent waking up to a beautiful day... and NOT worrying what my numbers will be that day.
Don't be fooled. I am still on a mission. Just one that is a little less controlled by the number on the scale. It will be a mission fueled by life....adventure.... kids.... running.... and eating the way God intended us to eat. Healthy.
3 comments:
I hope your grandmother recovers well from the TIA. My grandmother had one at age 85 and live to a ripe age of 94 without further problems. Considering the circumstances (Christmas + worries) I think you did very well. Sometimes other things are more important. One week of messy eating is not going to throw you off track. My heartfelt good wishes; a belated merry Christmas and a happy new year to come for you and your family.
prayers to your grandmother, Tiger. And it does not matter how often you weigh, or whether you do at all I guesss.
Whatever makes you motivated and keeps you on track.
Don't sweat the holiday poundage, just get back to it. That is what I keep telling myself.
Sorry to hear about your grandmother's health issues.
You are so right in your thoughts of getting lost in the numbers rather than the journey we travel to be healthier.
I've posted a little something on my blog in regards to how I am moved by your journey. If you would take a minute to read it, I thank you!
Post a Comment