"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Thursday, December 17, 2009

On your mark, get set....

30 days from today I will be standing in the streets of Phx waiting for the whistle to blow. 13.1 miles is a little intimidating to me. Mentally I know I can do it, physically I'm scared to death.

I'm going to change it up a little bit on my blog for the next 30 days. I will simply be posting my weight, my calories, my water, my workout and my mood. (OH, and I will be posting at night so I can give you a more accurate account) Why? Because the next 30 days are going to be busy and I don't want to waste a minute of them. I need to be out running, not on the computer!! At the same time though I want to document how I'm doing. Not only so that you can follow along with me, but so that I can look back and see how I did when this is all said and done!

So, until day 31, have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year... and keep up if you can!!!!

178 lbs (morning)

(My goal for the day)
1500 calories (1228 calories)
128 oz of water (DONE!!)
4 miles (3 miles, 20 minutes Tae Bo)


I will post my final numbers tonight.

2 comments:

Hanlie said...

All the best for the holidays for you too! Good luck with the training!

Cole Walter Mellon said...

Why are you still here reading this comment? Go run, girl!