"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Another Day

I'm not sure if it was the 30 laps or the 12 miles on the bike... but since my little Sprint Tri I did on Saturday my abs having been killing me. Its a good kinda hurt though... the kind that reminds me I'm actually doing something positive for myself!

Yesterday I had planned to do a run outside when Hubby got home from work. The snow and ice have melted and although its not a warm 50 degrees outside it has warmed up out of the freezing range. Anyway, I spent the day cleaning the house and by the time he was home I was exhausted. He gave me the disappointed shake of the head... but I just couldn't.

Today I have a few things I need to get done around the house, but then I will be ready to dash out the door the second Hubby gets in. That's the plan anyway!

I talked to my running partner, Roni, and she wants to do the Sprint Tri again this weekend. I am excited to see if I can beat my time now! I am hoping my muscles will be recovered enough by then...

Well, it's another day... and another chance to make it what you want!

No comments: