Its a new year, what are you going to do
with it?
I can tell you what I am going to do with it. I am going to lose the
last 40 pounds. In fact, since that should only take me 6 months, I will also
add on that I will train to run a marathon in 2010 with my friend.
Scratch
that.... I am going to focus on one day at a time. I am going to focus on eating
right everyday and getting in at least 30 minutes of cardio in a day. I am going
to focus on drinking my water. I am going to focus on pushing myself to be a
better runner. If all of that brings me to 145 pounds then grrrrrrrreat! But if
I only lose 10 more pounds this year, that will be just as great. As long as I
am going down the right path, trying to do the right thing... then that will
mean I am succeeding.. and I will be happy with that.
Remember.... Its the
journey that brings you happiness, not the destination!
Its funny because this past year I did not lose the last 40 lbs. I lost 15 lbs...err, 10 if you count my Christmas gain..... I did not exercise EVERYDAY, but I did do better then last year! I DID become a better runner!! In fact, I ran a 5K and a 10K this year... and will be doing a half marathon in 3 weeks!!!
"As long as I am going down the right path, trying to do the right thing... then that will mean I am succeeding.. and I will be happy with that."
I definitely feel like I succeeded in bettering myself this year. I found a new path that has sent me down a whole new direction. I sometimes strayed from that path, but somehow always found the on-ramp to get back on!
This year I do have a couple of resolutions to make. They wont have anything to do with reaching my goal weight. They won't have to do with running marathons... eating clean... or even staying on track. My resolutions this year are simple...
LIVE
LAUGH
LOVE
.... and I know exactly how to make that possible!
4 comments:
I love this entry!
First and foremost, your comment on my blog made me cry! It seems to be the theme with this half marathon talk and planning! Thank you, and again, you're awesome!
I've said it many times to one my best friends (Krista), you are so much more than a number. I get the desire to want the scale to read what we want it to read, but in no way does that number on the scale represent what you offer as a woman, mother, wife and friend. This weight battle is about learning what matters most to us and how best to get there, happy with the journey, not pulling our hair out at every turn!
Big hugs and Happy New Year to you!
Happy New Year, Tigerlily.
You may not have hit your weight-loss goals, but I think you made great strides this year.
Sounds like a successful 2009 to me Tiger. Best wishes on an equally good or even better 2010.
Beautiful post! Good luck at your half marathon.
Post a Comment