"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Monday, November 30, 2009

How to survive the holidays...

If your reading this because you read the title and thought I had all the answers... then you ate as bad as I did this past weekend. :)

I'm not going to 'boo hoo' about the crap I ate because I ate it, and that's that. Now its time to just work it all off. I have two hours of cardio planned today... along with a huge thermos of water I will be drinking all day.

Food will consist of fresh fruit, veggies and clean protein.

I'm feeling it....

Discipline over Desire!!

3 comments:

Ripx180 said...

yup, I ate as bad as you plus some probably.... I too have a plan for the day and feel that maybe the momentum is finally switching back to my favor. Thanks for the continued posts on your blog, its good to have health minded bits to read about during the holidays.

Cole Walter Mellon said...

I pre-paid for a lot of my holiday munching and then got back in the gym the next day and incinerated some calories.

It's heartening for the future to see that we can enjoy ourselves for a couple of days and then get right back after it and get busy with the damage control.

I applaud your get-er-done mindset!

Fatinah said...

you go girl!