I couldn't have picked a better weekend to run a race in the city. Its supposed to drop below freezing up here on the mountain... while down in the city we will be running in a warm 70 degrees!
Thanks for all the advice... its pretty obvious that everyone is different when it comes to pre-race food. Some carb load, some don't change a thing. I think what I will do is stick to my healthy choices. Being in the city I know we will be going out to eat somewhere... so I will just pick a healthy meal. Hopefully afterwards we will find a good place to dance off some calories!!
I plan on getting up around 5 on race day and eating a Cliff Bar and getting in a really good stretch.... I'll be sure to write it all down so I can share all the details with you on Monday!
Today I am doing laundry and cleaning house in hopes that it won't be too much of a disaster when I get back on Sunday night. I need to start packing my clothes... but am feeling a little bit apprehensive about it.
Packing for a trip was always the worst part for me. I would pack all my super cute outfits... only to find, once I was there, that they were too small and no longer fit. I would end up buying some cheap t-shirts and looking blah the whole trip. I learned then to try everything on before I packed. Even though I am MUCH smaller then I was then... the thought of trying on clothes makes my stomach turn.
I'll be sure to take TONS of pictures of my girls weekend... I know I will be meeting some of you down there too!! I leave at 6:30 tomorrow morning...... see you on Monday!!!
4 comments:
Good luck! I will think of you! I'm sure you'll do great!
Good luck on your Run this weekend!
I hope you have the very best weekend and a great race! I can't wait to read all about it!
Hope you had a fabulous weekend!
Path to Health
Post a Comment