Ok. So the past couple of days have been a little crazy. Coming back from the race I needed a couple of days to relax. Apparently, in my head, that meant eat what you want and be lazy. So, no surprise that my stomach is killing me and I am bloated and retaining water like crazy.
Yesterday was worse with it being my daughters birthday. For my kids, and me, this means getting to have your favorites all day. Like a really HUGE cheat day! She wanted bacon, eggs, biscuits and gravy for breakfast (and so did I)... she wanted pizza for lunch (and so did I)... she wanted lasagna for dinner (and so did I) .. catching on yet? Yep, I'm pretty sure I gained 5 pounds over the last four days.
I sometimes think its good for us to do this. Four days of eating like crap and I am back to my old self , having no energy... bad mood swings... stomach pains and just all around crappy feeling. I've had my binge, time to focus in again and get healthy.
Today is Day 1 of 60 before the half marathon. I have a lot of work to do, but my main goal this weekend is to stick to clean eating and get all this crap out of my system. Next week I will start my running again.
I haven't weighed myself in a couple of days... and I wont again until November 30th. I want to see a good number to keep me motivated! My goal for the half marathon is 160 lbs. If I drop below that, great... but for now, that is a good goal to reach for.
5 comments:
Hey there girlfriend. The party is over and you're getting back into your groove. Good for you!
You'll do it. I have watched you rise and fall, and you always come back a champion.
cindie
It never ceases to amaze me how our brain lets us follow such self-destructive pathways. Kudos for catching yourself and for realizing exactly what you were doing to yourself.
What I do in this situation is FEEL. Yep, I sit and feel how my body feels. I feel the way I'm lethargic. I feel the bloat. I feel the lack of oomph.
And I remember that feeling as I move forward fueling my body properly again and FEEL the difference.
I did what I called "food vacationing" every three months or so. I'd take an entire week off, on purpose. By day five I was craving healthy again, but I'd force myself to add one more day of FV. Then I'd have NO desire to eat crap for at least two months. I'd struggle through that last month promising myself another food vacation.
Probably not recommended by many, but I lost 60lbs overall, so it worked for me.
Those days off seem to be the only way I keep my sanity and mojo, so don't beat yourself up over that. The key as you know is to get back up as quick as you can. I know you will.
Post a Comment