"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I'm ready, I'm ready, I'm ready

I am super excited for this weekend. I need a little 'me' time. The kids will be staying with Hubby and I will get a chance to have some girl time with my friend Roni. We booked our hotel, and it is awesome. Right on the lake... about a mile from the starting line. Its also only about a block from some of the best shops in the city!! Whoooop!

Yesterday I ran 1.5 miles. I was supposed to get in 2 miles but stopped short... how stupid is that? I don't know why I didn't finish that last half mile. Well, I will make up for it today. I've got to get in 3 miles. I was going to go to the track this morning, but its cold... and the last thing I want to do is get sick before my trip! So, the treadmill it will be. :P

I wanted to share with you some before and afters.... these are what I look at when I feel like I'm going nowhere and want to give up on it all.








































I may not be the model thin person that I want to be... but I'm a hell of a lot healthier now then I was then. I would have never thought of running back then.... now, I wake up craving it!!









5 comments:

NOTWBTRFLY said...

You look beautiful. And I never would have thought I would want to run either... its a crazy addiction. I wish the best of luck at your race and hope you enjoy your girl time. I sure could use some of that.

iampalegreen said...

Skinny Minny! You're doing so well!!

Glad to hear you're still running and getting ready for the "big" run! :)

Vix said...

Wow - you look amazing :)
Good luck with the race, and most of all - ENJOY IT!!

Ripx180 said...

Your looking great Tigerlilly!! Hope you crush your goals in the upcoming race. Keep represent-n!!!

lisah said...

You look wonderful! Good luck with the race and enjoy the experience!