"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A Birthday Girl


Six years ago today, at 7:11 a.m., I had a brand new baby girl in my arms. She was everything I could have dreamed of. Holding her for the first time I knew that I loved her with every cell in my body.


Now I have a little lady who I love more now then I did back then. She reads me bedtime stories, she laughs all the time and she is one of my best friends. I can only imagine how wonderful the next 6 years will be. Happy Birthday Angel.... I love you.

2 comments:

Claire said...

Ah, Happy Birthday, sweet girl! And happy birthday, Mama. After all, we do all the hard work to get them here! :)

NOTWBTRFLY said...

Beautiful. I was dead set against having lil girls, and I am so glad I only have my one, but I would not know what to do without her in my life. The older she gets the closer we get.