"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Thursday, November 5, 2009

NO SNACKS!

I had to sit down yesterday and figure out what I've been doing wrong. I was dropping weight like crazy for a couple of weeks back in August... but since then only 1.5 lbs. So, what am I doing now that I wasn't doing then?

I'm eating.

Back then I had myself on a schedule. I ate 3 meals a day and that was it. No snacking in between.... no '5 little meals' .... NO SNACKS!

Yesterday I ate a protein shake for breakfast, then crackers, apple w/ peanut butter.... then I had some roasted veggies for lunch, then popcorn, candy corn and toast with butter..... then I had spaghetti for dinner, followed by a second helping.

HMMMMMMM... I think I know why I'm not dropping weight.

So today's menu will look something like this:

BF: Protein Shake
L: Roasted Veggies
D: Chili with 5 crackers.

That's it. The whole "5 meals a day" thing doesn't work for me. I've got to stick with what works. I have to remember my old trick too.... when you start feeling like snacking, make yourself a cup of tea!!

4 comments:

NOTWBTRFLY said...

I am a firm believer in knowing and doing what works for your body. Everyone is different. Some people workout and loose weight, for me it is 95% diet which is unfair because I have NO self control and love to workout. So as much as I w.o. it does NOT matter if I am not eating healthy. I am always hungry so the 5-6 mini meals works good for me. If I plan and those meals are 2-300 calories and healthy stuff. But I also noticed I wasnt loosing weight and then when I slipped back into my bad habbit of 2 cups of coffee, no breakfast late lunch small dinner I started loosing weight. I think our bodies need change too. So its good to change it up now and then even if its just the time you eat or the number of meals just for a couple of weeks just to shock your system. Wishing you much success getting back on plan.

~ugly girl with a beautiful heart~ said...

I wish a cup of tea would work for me!

Cole Walter Mellon said...

Since I don't track food, I'll sometimes look up and realize that I'm sliding just a wee bit in some area (generally the snacking). Sometimes you just have to step back, take a good hard look at what you're doing and dial it back a bit.

Sounds like you're all over it!

Fatinah said...

I think you also might benefit from adding a lean protein to your lunches - it will keep you full for longer.

keep up the good work!!