
Its time to start the countdown to this weekends race! I'll be running the Iron Girl in Tempe on Sunday morning. I can't wait.
It will also be a little mini girls weekend out! Roni, my training partner, is running the race with me. So we are heading down Saturday morning... leaving all the kids with the Hubbys!! There will be a lot of gossiping, cackling, crying and laughing going on that night. If there are any of you in the Phx area that want to get together, let me know!!
So, on to the race training. This weekend I went to the gym on Saturday. I wanted to do a little sprint triathlon... but forgot my swimsuit... so I did a mini biathlon. I biked 6 miles and then ran 3 miles. It was an awesome workout. THEN.... I went downstairs into the stinky 'MAN ROOM' where I picked up some weights and started working on my arms.
At first I was a little nervous. Having all those guys looking at you like your crazy and that you don't know what your doing....pfffft.... Let me tell you, guys... I did 61 days of P90X, I know some stuff!!
That's exactly what I did. I hit play in my head and worked out my shoulder, bi's and tri's!! With the stress of being watched, I may have over worked them. Yesterday and today I am feeling serious pain. My hair may have to go unwashed for one more day.
My weight this morning was 174.6. I'm ok with that... for now. But I want to see 170 by next Monday.
:)
It will also be a little mini girls weekend out! Roni, my training partner, is running the race with me. So we are heading down Saturday morning... leaving all the kids with the Hubbys!! There will be a lot of gossiping, cackling, crying and laughing going on that night. If there are any of you in the Phx area that want to get together, let me know!!
So, on to the race training. This weekend I went to the gym on Saturday. I wanted to do a little sprint triathlon... but forgot my swimsuit... so I did a mini biathlon. I biked 6 miles and then ran 3 miles. It was an awesome workout. THEN.... I went downstairs into the stinky 'MAN ROOM' where I picked up some weights and started working on my arms.
At first I was a little nervous. Having all those guys looking at you like your crazy and that you don't know what your doing....pfffft.... Let me tell you, guys... I did 61 days of P90X, I know some stuff!!
That's exactly what I did. I hit play in my head and worked out my shoulder, bi's and tri's!! With the stress of being watched, I may have over worked them. Yesterday and today I am feeling serious pain. My hair may have to go unwashed for one more day.
My weight this morning was 174.6. I'm ok with that... for now. But I want to see 170 by next Monday.
:)
2 comments:
I want to be at the race to cheer you on! I'll look up the info and see if I can scream your name the loudest. *wink*
Cindie
Good luck for the race!
Post a Comment