"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Friday, July 2, 2010

Cookies For Breakfast

Have you ever woken up, walked to the kitchen, grabbed the first thing you saw and stuck it in your mouth? Ok, so its not the FIRST thing I see. We actually have a huge bowl of fruit sitting on the counter that you have to walk by just to get into the kitchen. No, for me, I'm actually LOOKING for something unhealthy to eat. It usually ends up being a cookie, piece of bread or anything sweet.

Its not every day that I do this (or I would have never lost a single pound) but it is every once in awhile. I just wake up craving something sweet. This morning it was a handful of trail mix with chocolate chips, caramel and cranberries. Yummy!

Right after eating this I turned the tv on. It was early in the morning so the only things on were paid commercials and reruns of Angel. Anyway, I landed on a BeachBody commercial. Watching before and after pictures, people sweating and working out. It is always motivating to see all those transformations... and it always gets me thinking.. 'Hey, I can do that'.

Then I look back at all the workouts I have done over the last 3 years. Tae Bo, Kick Boxing, Tae Kwon Do, P90X, Running, Swimming, Biking, Yoga, and now Crossfit.... and I'm STILL not there. I still don't have that 'after' picture I want.

Discourage: dishearten, dispirit, abash, afflict, alarm, appall, awe, beat down, bother, break one's heart, bully cast down, chill, confuse, cow, dampen, dash, daunt, deject, demoralize, deprecate, depress, dismay, disparage, distress, droop, frighten, intimidate, irk, overawe, prostrate, repress, scare, throw cold water on, trouble, try, unnerve, vex, weigh, beat, beat down, blue, caved in, come-apart, crestfallen, dashed, daunted, depressed, deterred, dismayed, dispirited, down, down in the mouth, downbeat, downcast, glum, done to pieces, in a funk, in blue funk, in the dumps, lost momentum, pessimistic, sad. 





How hard would it be to bite down, get serious and kick my own ass to lose the last 20 lbs??? 60 days... that's all I need. Anyone else up for the challenge?? 

If you are, all you have to do is let me know by commenting on this post and then write about it on your blog. TODAY is DAY 60... yes, we are going to do a count
down. My goal for the end of the 60 days? 155 lbs. Reach your goal and I may send you a little something!!

I have to go sweat off my breakfast now.... 

1 comment:

lovealotbear2 said...

I am in. I am tired of going up and down these 5 pounds and never kicking my butt into gear to lose the last 20 pounds like you.

I am currently around 165 and I would like to be 145... it is going to be tough but I can do it!!

I haven't blogged in forever but I will start today and count down of 60 days!!