"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Count Down to Perfection: Day 58 ... Taking a step back.


If you have been on this journey for as long as I have (3 years for those of you wondering) you forget where you came from. You forget how uncomfortable you were in your clothes. How getting out of a chair was a form of exercise alone. How your breathing could be heard from the next room. .....

Today I was doing laundry. I picked up a t-shirt that I got the other day (super cute with dragonflies) and put it on a hanger. Then it hit me. It was a size medium. I wear a size medium. Not only that but, I am now in a size 10 pants. I wear a size medium shirt and a size 10 pant.....

Three years ago I was wearing a size XXL shirt (preferably maternity) and wearing squeezing into a size 20/22 pant (because I probably should have been wearing a 24)

Losing 50 lbs was a huge deal... but it doesn't actually hit me until I take a step back and look at the difference between now and then.  Seeing the change in the before and after makes me so happy I took that first step. It shows that all those hours of blood, sweat and tears was worth it. That instead of being an unhappy, unhealthy mom of two... I am now a happy, healthy and sexy mom of two.

I may have come a long way already, but I am determined to lose that last 20 lbs so that I can finish this journey and start a new one.

Tomorrow will be another run (its getting easier to breathe), kicks, abs and shoulders.

1 comment:

Elemi said...

Go Tigerlilly! I have been reading your blog for some time now but have never commented. I too am working on losing fat this summer and just wanted to let you know that there are folks out here sending good thoughts your way as you head toward your goal...