I am no Scrooge... but I cannot wait until Christmas is over. I am tired of the rude people at the stores, the crazy drivers on the streets and the Christmas cookies taking over my kitchen. Now, I know there isn't a whole lot I can do about the first two but the last one... well, that is totally my fault. I am craving ginger and oatmeal cookies like crazy this year. I am sure I am becoming just as round and pudgy as Santa at this point, but I cant help it. It is mostly the stress of money that is causing me to eat, and eat, and eat. Its bad enough not having money, but to not have money at Christmas is really hard. We have managed to get the girls quite a few presents that I think they will really enjoy... and really, its ALL about the kids!
So, I cannot wait for Christmas to be over so I can enjoy the girls and their presents and STOP EATING COOKIES!!! LOL
I ran yesterday... but not as far as I usually go. Today I went and got my hair cut. Nothing major, just a trim and some layers. But because my appointment was early this morning and the area got hit with 14" of new snow last night... I skipped running this morning so that I could leave early. So, now I am home but do not feel like running (especially after those 3 cookies I ate with lunch). I need to clean my house and start getting it ready for company, but I am stuck on the computer! LOL... ok, so I'm not 'stuck' on it... I just have a lot of catching up with you all!
Long story short. I am being really lazy today and need to get my beautiful butt moving!
See You Tomorrow!
1 comment:
I understand eating because of stress, and lack of money is my number one trigger. *sigh* Lately though, I'm learning to count my blessings. I have food (duh), shelter, clothing, my kids are taken care of, my husband has a job, we have friends and family. Poor? I don't think so. We are so much richer than most of the rest of the world. I couldn't buy my kids a lot this year either, but ya know what? They have all they need, and they get things from family, as well. And frankly, it's so not about the gifts we give and receive, but the one that God gave to us that Christmas morning. :)
Post a Comment