"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Get Going!!!

I have been blogging for almost 3 years now.(read my old posts at Where Is Tigerlilly?? ) I'm not really sure what happened the entire first year I blogged... maybe I was just thinking about losing weight! Ha.... that would fit! Over the last two years I have inched my way down from 225 to 184.5 lbs. I cant say I worked a miracle, after all it took me 2 years to lose 40.5 lbs (that is an average of losing a little under half a pound every week) but I will say that I never gave up. I had my bad days and my really bad weeks... but I always started again.

A friend of mine, that I have admired since day one, has really pushed it into high gear and blown right past me. Of course, my competitive spirit gave a kick and now I want to catch up to her. It really got me thinking. Am I as committed to losing weight as I thought I was... or am I just doing the bare minimum to get me by? I am no stranger to this tactic. Although I thought I had grown out of it. Maybe not. Maybe that is exactly what I am doing now.

Maybe I should see just how far I could go if my heart and stomach were in it 100%.

Ok, then I need a plan. What am I not doing 100%? That's easy.... I don't drink water, I drink crystal lite... So,

1) Drink WATER

Another thing I do is snack between meals... and never on healthy snacks.

2) If I need a snack, drink a glass of freshly juiced carrots! (I just bought 5 lbs!)

Another easy one....

3) Eat fresh... nothing out of a can or box (except maybe tuna!)

I think that my food is always where I go wrong. My workouts are killer and I know that they are the only reason I have seen any kind of results thus far. I don't want to give that up, but I don't want to get crazy with it either. So I will stay with what I am doing right now.

4) FOCUS on eating right..... more then working out.

Ok. Now I have a plan. Now I need to give myself a challenge.... that's how my brain works, crazy I know. So.... here is my personal challenge.

Lose 20 lbs in the next two months. (that would be 164.5 by Feb 28th)

I better get started!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Sounds like you have good goals to get you through.

Its kind of funny you are where I want to be. I'm about 230lbs shooting for 193 for now.

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Go Tigerlilly go!!! Girl, you have no idea how much I missed you *hugs* Thank you so much for the shout out!

I am a FIRM BELIEVER in eating healthy! It's the reason I am where I am today - and 100% the reason behind my weight loss. It's funny cuz I was thinking I want to be like YOU with my workouts!!

Just think ... killer workouts + clean eating = two hot mommas! lol

Bring on 2009!! We're gonna rock it!

Fatinah said...

man - it is so nice to have you back posting!!

You're right about the eating - everyone says it - healthy body = 80% food, 20% exercise....