I have dusted the cobwebs off my keyboard (literally) and am ready to start blogging again! I was so excited to see that I have not been forgotten... thank you so much for being so very patient! I have to say that life is so very boring when you don't have a computer. Now that I am back I will have to pace myself! LOL
So much has happened over the past 6? months with my diet. I have had my breakdowns along with my victories. Really, I have managed to stay focused and that is it. Of course, that is really all you need to do. Sure, your vision becomes blurred now and then when your eye falls on a heavenly piece of chocolate, but what is important is that you pull yourself away and focus in again.
I am calling today my 'Day 1'... not because it is my first day at attempting to lose weight... heavens no. I have been doing this for 3 years. It has taken me 2 years to lose 45 lbs. I am still 40 lbs shy of my goal weight, but I am happy to do it slow and steady. I have learned a lot about myself during this whole process. Every step I stumble brings me to a new realization that I am stronger then I thought. I am running now. Something I couldn't do at 16 when I weighed 160... I am mastering it now at 30 and 186.5 lbs. I love that I am making my body and mind stronger every day that I struggle.
I cant say that my goal is a number. Sure, I would look great at 145 lbs... but its not really my 'goal'. I think I would associate the word 'goal' with being healthy, running a 5K in 30 minutes, wearing a size 6 and living to see 80. Those are my goals. So if I happen to see 145 on the scale along the way... I will celebrate... A LOT.... but I will also keep going. Keep giving myself challenges that I will have to work hard for.
Sure you can go on a diet and lose 40 lbs and then be happy to stop... but what exactly have you accomplished?? Set a goal... other then a number on the scale and work towards it.
So, welcome to my Day 1..... I am dying to see how you all have been doing so I am off to cruise the blog world.
See you tomorrow!!! Stay tuned for much needed picture and measurement updates!
8 comments:
Hi Tigerlily!!! Yay, you're back! :) So glad to read your encouraging words. I fell off the wagon months ago, but have maintained instead of gaining, so I guess that's okay. Had some health problems that prevented me from dieting, too, but I seem to be better. I will begin again...
Merry Christmas and can't wait to hear more from you!
Welcome back!!
SO glad you're back!!
Welcome back, can't wait to hear more news and see more pics....thanks for the ones you sent. Aunt J
Hooray your back and looking wonderful!
Whoot hoot! Welcome back.
So glad you are back, Tigerlily. Have a most wonderful and blessed Christmas. I look forward to your next challenge!
I'M SO HAPPY YOU'RE BACK!!
Post a Comment