I did it! Normally I would not post a picture of myself unless I at least had make-up on, but I was too proud of myself not too! A 5K run in 48:36 .... not bad, roughly 16 min/mile. Any ideas for once a week challenges?
I also realized that I completely forgot that today is the last day of 2008... I'm a little ditsy this morning. So to finish 2008 right I took my measurements and am finishing this year with a total of 15.5 inches off my body for good! Not a bad ending... or beginning.
I am not making any resolutions for 2009. I figure I know what needs to be done, and what I need to do to get there. Its just a matter of waking up tomorrow morning and staying focused.
Happy New Year!!
5 comments:
You're glowing, girl!! What a great run!! I wish we could do 5K's together! I could totally annihilate them running next to you! Hmmmm ... now the gears are turning in my head ... I have an amazing challenge for you ... let's totally crush 2009 and each reach our weight loss goals, and train for a half-marathon - or even a marathon - together that we will actually run together in 2010???? That way we can get in superfit shape (and save money lol). We could do a Disney one and turn it into a family vacation too!!! OMGosh, how much fun would that be???? Let me know what you think! I've got goosebumps lol
Okay - about my diet ... I have been eating nothing but fresh fruits (apples, cantaloupe, oranges, kiwi), fresh vegetables (lettuce, cabbage, spinach, mushrooms, onion, zucchinni, squash, tomatoes), lean beef, boneless skinless chicken breasts, eggs, and saltines. It's actually a doctor supervised diet, and I have specific amounts of each food that I eat. Basically for breakfast, I'm having a scrambled egg, spinach and mushrooms omelette. About 2.5 hrs later, I have my saltines and a fruit. 2.5 hrs later, lunch is always a chicken stirfry (with a combo of the veggies I listed). Another 2.5 hrs later is saltines and a fruit again. Dinner is another 2.5 hrs later of a beef stirfry. Then dessert (not necessariily 2.5 hrs later, and not all the time) is saltines and/or a fruit again. I'm drinking at least 96oz of water each day, and I only drink water. It's amazing that the weight is really melting off without any major exercise!
I want to start exercising more, but my doctor said my diet isn't enough to sustain the workouts I want, so I think I'm going to continue this diet until I hit my goal or plateau, then switch to a bodybuilder's diet because now I've got this crazy dream of having a body like a fitness model lol
Anyway ... this comment has turned into a novel lol Have I told you how happy I am that you're back (and I'm back) lol I seriously missed you, girl and am SO VERY EXTREMELY SUPER HAPPY to have reconnected with you again!!!
Have a beautiful New Years Eve with your family! Talk to you soon!
I believe in showing off the schvitz!
You most definitely earned it!
I showed off my sweaty self the other day.
That's alot of inches lost!
Congratulations!
My challenge right now every DAY is to keep eating clean & treadmill for an hour.
I never thought of a weekly challenge.
Biggest Loser starts again on the 6th. I can hardly wait :)
Hey chickadee :) Okay - 2010, we're marathoning! (Or half-marathoning) lol I seriously hate running (or at least I did 90 lbs ago) but think running with you will make 26.2 miles just fly on by! lol We could even train for the Danskin Triathlon (0.5 mile swim, 12-mile bike and 5K run - it's cool because it's women only). I'm ashamed to say I have to learn how to swim first, but that would be fun too :) Gah, just think of all the amazing possibilities in front of us!! Yeeaahhhh, baby!!
I honestly don't know why I have to eat saltines - probably to keep me sane because I can't have other breads, pasta, etc? Girl, this diet drives me crazy too, but the results are amazing. But I do have to admit I can't wait 'til I'm at goal so I can switch to the bodybuilding diet - mmm, brown rice and oatmeal! What a treat! lol
Oh, I almost forgot - I believe oatmeal is healthy/clean - your best bet is the steel cut oats? Or the big tub of Quaker Oats instead of the small packaged ones ...
How are you doing on P90X? What week are you on (I should probably read your blog and find out!!) My baby bro just told me yesterday that he's going to order P90X soon and will burn me a copy lol I'm excited!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Look at you go! That's awesome :)
Post a Comment