
Its a new year, what are you going to do with it?
I can tell you what I am going to do with it. I am going to lose the last 40 pounds. In fact, since that should only take me 6 months, I will also add on that I will train to run a marathon in 2010 with my friend.
Scratch that.... I am going to focus on one day at a time. I am going to focus on eating right everyday and getting in at least 30 minutes of cardio in a day. I am going to focus on drinking my water. I am going to focus on pushing myself to be a better runner. If all of that brings me to 145 pounds then grrrrrrrreat! But if I only lose 10 more pounds this year, that will be just as great. As long as I am going down the right path, trying to do the right thing... then that will mean I am succeeding.. and I will be happy with that.
Remember.... Its the journey that brings you happiness, not the destination!
Happy New Year!!
5 comments:
that was a great post - we should all be looking at it that way!
Happy New Year!!! I love your attitude - one day at a time! Let's just make each day the very best we can, and there's no stopping us in 2009!!!
I'm off to prep my meats and veggies for the week!
Happy New Year, TL! That chili recipe looks killer! Did it taste as good as it sounds?
I like your idea of taking it one day at a time. The journey is short--let's enjoy it.
Love the turnabout in your post! I think it's nice to have a goal in mind, but be open to the journey!! Nice! ;o) You will be victorious and I bet you'll even surprise yourself! Happy happy happy new year!!
That is very true! Similarly it's the effort that matters, not the result... Good luck with your goals in 2009!
Post a Comment