"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Lesson For The Day

DONT MAKE BANANA BREAD WHEN YOUR CRAVING IT!! Yes, I ate half of it. Oh well.


Weight Watchers Healthy Banana Bread recipe

Ingredients

4-5 very ripe bananas, mashed

3/4 cup granulated sugar

3/4 cup sugar free spiced unsweetened applesauce

2 eggs

1 cup whole wheat flour

1 cup all-purpose white flour

2 teaspoons baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon allspice

1 teaspoon cinnamon

2/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)

Preparation

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

2. Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray, set aside.

3. In a medium bowl, mix the dry ingredients, whisking to combine. Add the chocolate chips and nuts if using.

4. Beat the eggs with the sugar together at medium-high speed until creamy.

5. Beat in the applesauce and bananas.

6. Fold in the dry ingredients.

7. Pour into the prepared pan and place it in the oven. Once the oven door is closed, reduce the heat so it’s between 325-350 degrees F.

8. Bake for about 35-40 minutes (the cake is done as soon as a tester comes out clean).

9. Cool on a wire rack for about 5 minutes.

10. Invert on the rack, remove the pan, cool and store in an airtight container.

Servings: 16

Nutritional information for one serving:

WW points: 2

Calories: 121

Calories from fat: 8

Total fat: 0.9g

Cholesterol: 26mg

Total carbs: 26.6g

Dietary fiber: 1.9g

Protein: 2.9g

4 comments:

Tammy said...

I made banana bread on Christmas and no one ate it but me. I ate about half of it myself and then trashed the rest of it.

Dani said...

Ooooh this is exactly what I needed today...I have 5 bananas that are ready to rob a liquor store they've gone so bad! Need to make a batch and freeze them for later enjoyment! ;o) I <3 banana bread!

Anonymous said...

First of all ... tough love - put the rest of the bread away or have the girls and hubby snack on it. 1/2 a loaf won't get you to your goals. You know I'll always love you no matter what, but I want you to achieve your goals!!

Second - pretty template!!! The colors warm me up! :) Have you prepared your chicken yet?

xo
me

Hanlie said...

Well, I suppose it could be worse! We're just going to have t work on healthier alternatives with bananas, like smoothies, or banana "ice cream". I'll do some recipes some time in the week...