
The truth is, I was trying to find a way to ignore my weigh in this morning. I knew it would be bad (although in the back of my head I thought that all the ice cream I ate would dehydrate me and I would be at a 5 lb loss). The truth is , my weight this morning was 189.5. That is a 3.5 lbs gain from last week.
I had an awesome week (mon-fri) and Saturday wasn't all that bad either... but yesterday I was emotionally stressed and I let it all out on ice cream. Now, this is how dumb I am. I am lactose intolerant. Ice cream gives me terrible stomach cramps and the rest isn't pretty. I know this happens, that's why I haven't eaten ice cream in ages.
So why the stress? Hubby is looking at a job change... a big job change... as in joining the Army 'job change'. I completely support him, if it is really what he wants to do. The two things that are making me sick, even as I write this, is the 26 weeks he would be gone for BT and AIT training and then the possibility of him being deployed. On the 'good' side of it, we would be able to get off this mountain and live in a house that our family fit in. (we are in a very small house right now) He would have a job he enjoyed and would not be working for the family. He would have a chance at a better job once his time was up, or if he really enjoyed it he could have a good retirement. In this day and age, your lucky if you have a job... and what better a job then the military. Honestly, I see a lot more positive things then negative about him joining.... I just hate the thought of him being gone for so long. Thus... the ice cream.
So, there have been no permanent moves yet. But if he does it, he will do it soon. If he does it, I will have to suck it up and push through it. (hopefully without ice cream) .
I am back on track today. I juiced some yummy carrots and celery and drank a huge glass of it this morning. I am going to do my 2 mile run and my challenge. I am going to post my weight every morning on here so that you all can make sure that it is not going up! I need some butt kicking people... I need it bad. I cant let my emotions over run all my hard work.
10 comments:
Wow! The Army?!? That's a big change!
Whatever happened to moving to Oregon? Dude, we need to catch up.
Hun *hugs* Whatever you need, I'm here for you!! I'm gonna email you privately!
xo
me
that sounds like a huge step. congratulate yourself for supporting him and don't beat yourself up about the ice cream.
Good luck. Change is in general really tough for me. It seems as though you handle it pretty well.
Change is hard and scary sometimes. I hope everything works out for the best for your husband and your family.
I have exactly the same response to ice cream! It does not agree with me at all...
Way to go on the carrot juice. You're doing great overall, so don't worry.
I know that you guys will make the right decision for your family and your circumstances. And you will handle it just fine. You've got us, after all!
Here to support Team Lynn. Sorry about the gain...joining or not joining the Army is a huge decision. There are definite benefits to the military, but definite drawbacks. My husband was active duty for 9 years, so email me if you have any questions about being a "wife".
WOW! That is huge in the way of a life change. Good for you supporting him, although the ice cream is a bit painful. No thanks to the pain of ice cream and being lactose intolerant.
Here is to you getting back on your healthy eating horse and getting rid of the gain!
Take care and keep us posted!
dear girl - were I in your shoes, I would not have stopped in ice cream. That is a big change. I will say many prayers that you find peace in the decision making process.
You are a sweetheart and your husband is lucky to have such a loving and supportive wife by his side.
Anyone would be worried by this change and a little stressed.
I agree with Carlos...don't sweat the ice cream.
Post a Comment