"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Friday, January 23, 2009

Movie of the day....

Thanks for all the great advice. I iced my shin on and off yesterday. By this morning it felt ok. I didn't want to risk really hurting myself so I did Day 1 of my P90X which was chest and back. This consists of mostly push ups and pull ups. Then I decided that I would try walking on the tready and see how my leg would do.


60 min at 3.3 mph = 3.25 miles and a very happy me!


My leg would start to hurt if I tried to go too fast, so I kept it at a steady pace. I HATE spending that much time on the tready (I think that is why I like to run... you get on, do your thing and then your off) So I grabbed the kids DVD player out of the car, plugged it into an extension chord, balanced it on my tready and walked an hour without checking the clock every minute and 10 seconds. The movie I chose to walk to today? Lara Croft:Tomb Raider (who wouldn't want her body?)


3 comments:

Cory said...

It's good to hear that you could walk on it today. And I'm with you on her body. I could handle having it too!

Hanlie said...

There's a lot of hers' that I wouldn't say no to!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to read you're ok!! Take it easy hun! I like Tomb Raider too - now that's a body I'd like to have!

Here's the link to the HP scarves - they're really easy, and you probably won't have to make them too long for the girls, so it'll be a quick knit!

www.atypically.net