"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It just goes to show you...

It doesn't matter how far you've come, you can still fall off the wagon. So I had a bad weekend, a terrible gain and an emotional break down. I'm OVER IT!

I kept myself from blogging this morning until I had done my workout. Two mile run, 60 squats, 30 push ups, 1 minute wall sit, 50 jumping jacks, 1 minute plank and 20 Burpees are done and behind me. I sweat up a storm and felt very weak. I think I am a little dehydrated because I KNOW I didn't drink my 96 oz of water a day for the past 3 days. Today I am already at 48 oz and holding steady. If I look at my past I realize that if I don't workout first thing in the morning then I never will. I wont get my water in and I will eat whatever I want to. But if I do get that sweat out first thing then I feel good for the rest of the day and I am mindful of my diet.

I did not get on the scale this morning... although I said I would be posting my weight everyday on here. I just couldn't bare to see another gain. I figured I would make it an O/P week and see what the scale says on Monday. That will make it more exciting!

See you after my workout tomorrow!

7 comments:

Brightcetera said...

Good Morning!
Thank God for better days and being able to start over.
You did really well this morning with your workout. It's nice to be free of that for the day and not have it nag at you, eh?
It looks like a few of us were in the same boat. We'll be okay :)

Carlos said...

good for you. get back on that horse. i think the key to falling off the wagon is how quickly you can get back on... gotta love your turn around time

Anonymous said...

YAAAAAYYY!!!!! Great job hun!!! 60 squats??? I'm so proud of you!!

I'll be ordering my P90X the first week of February, so maybe we can start it together as soon as I get it!

Here's to better days!

Vanessa said...

Sounds like you did a great job this morning!

Fatinah said...

smart lady to do the workout BEFORE blogging!

Mark Salinas said...

Good call! Keep it going! You are doing great!

AnonMom said...

What an awesome workout! You would have left me in the dust... I followed most of it (with awe... I can do 10 girly push-ups, and about 30 seconds of plank) but what are Burpees?