"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Thursday, January 22, 2009

THROW ME A LINE!!!!


The last couple of days my legs have felt like they are trapped in quicksand. I think, mentally, I've been stuck there too. No workouts, eating cruddy and no water. My excuse for the past two days was because my stomach is feeling 'off'. Well DUHHH! Wouldn't your stomach feel 'off ' if you went from eating clean to eating whatever you could find to microwave so you could hurry up and eat? Of course my stomach is off.


So, to get my tummy feeling better I have already started with 24 oz of water this morning. It's a good start.


As for my workouts... I was going to say I need a day off. What am I thinking? I haven't done squat (or A squat) in two days. I need to get my butt moving today! So, here is my plan for today:


RUN... 2 miles

3 sets of each:

30 squats

15 push ups

30 sec wall squats

25 jumping jacks

30 sec plank

10 Burpees


I feel fat. I am 5 lbs away from my lowest weight and I need to get back on track. This vicious cycle is what caused me to put on 70 pounds in the first place. Its a matter of making myself snap out of it. So I'm not losing as much weight as I have been trying to... but I have lost 40 lbs by never quitting. If I give up now I will waste all that hard work and I Will Never See My Goal. I want to be a sexy 160. I want to have a rock hard body. I want to feel good everyday and not get stuck in these mental blocks.


I'm not going to let myself give up... I'm doing this.

4 comments:

Brightcetera said...

It's seems a few of us have hit a bit of a slump.
Good for you for snapping yourself out of it!
I hear what you're saying about eating clean and then eating crappy...how it affects the system.
I feel it right away. Sluggish and tired and sick feeling.
Just think...we used to feel that way all the time and not even know it!!!
Just keep at it. You're doing the right thing by picking yourself up before it's too late.
Have a fun workout! That should make you feel better!

Jessica said...

There you go girl!!
BTW I'm out for tonight since Bob left town on me....maybe we could meet up during the day?

Carlos said...

thats it! battle back against the slothitude!

Hanlie said...

Plus you have a wedding to wow in 3 weeks' time! You go, girl!