"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running." Author Unknown

Thursday, January 15, 2009

"To many people, free will is a license to rebel not against what is unjust or hard in life but against what is best for them and true." ~ Dean Koontz

Workout: 2 mile run in 30 minutes, 60 squats, 30 push ups, 1 min wall squat, 25 jumping jacks, 1 minute plank, 4 Burpees. ( I ran out of steam)

4 comments:

Hanlie said...

I love that quote! I've only recently discovered the truth behind it... it's the story of my life basically. And this is why things are different now... I'm rebelling against the right things now!

Anonymous said...

Amen sister! :) Great workout today - you did your best!

Claire said...

Ah Tiger Lilly, how I wish I had your motivation. I'm still looking for mine. Rebelling against the good stuff, still...

Tiffany said...

You are a much stronger person than me!!

Also on the army idea - I know how much you guys struggle with paying the bills so maybe the army would be the way to go. It would be super hard if he got deployed to Iraq for a year or more - what about the Reserves - I have no idea what that pays. My sister's husband is in the National Guard Reservers and he did get deployed to Iraq for a year - but he is finally home and at that time they did not have kids.

Good luck with the decision.